9/15/14

Perfect Love

Perfect Love. That sounds so fairy tale-ish. Is it even possible to experience such a thing? And if so, what does it look like? Feel like? Sound like? I Corinthians 13:4-8a is the best source we have to know what love, real love, looks like. Let's dig into this one attribute at a time:

Love is PATIENT - This can sometimes be an epic fail for me. In this world of having everything at my fingertips, questions answered by google in seconds, and the feeling that I need to act on everything immediately, I so easily transfer all of that expectancy and pressure onto the ones I love most... more specifically, my significant other. First of all it is not fair for me to do that and secondly, that's not love. Though I have found when I am patient things tend to work out wonderfully, if I have to wait a little longer than I expected, watch out! I get upset, frustrated, antsy, pushy, mouthy, annoying, you name it. None of those qualities tell my man "I Love You", in fact they probably scream the opposite. Ouch. That's not what I want at all, and yet that's what I'm doing. And let's get real about this, how often do I hope he is patient with me? Hmm?? Plenty. Being patient out of love is not something that is going to happen over night, but I am working on it, and I am already feeling better. Letting go of the control I think I have and trusting God, ultimately, for the answers and the outcomes. I once read, patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind (author unknown). God's plans are higher than mine and His timing is ALWAYS perfect :)  Plus, the best things in life are worth waiting for, right!?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment